Here are upcoming events for Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville.
The Stevens Nature Center hosts activities for kids at Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve, 2616 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Registration costs $12 for Cary residents and $16 for non-residents unless another price is given. 919-387-5980.
▪ Curious Creatures: Salamanders (ages 5-8): 1-3 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 30.
▪ Discovery Days Mini-Camps: Once Upon a Forest (ages 5-7): 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 6, through Friday, Jan. 8. $54 for Cary residents and $68 for non-residents.
▪ Tales and Trails: Stories Around the Campfire (all ages with parents): 4:30-6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 9. $20 for Cary residents and $28 for non-residents.
United Church of Chapel Hill will host a concert by the Bradshaw Quartet at 7 p.m. New Year’s Eve to benefit the Inter-Faith Council for Socal Service.
The quartet was founded in 2003 to extend the musical fellowship the group enjoyed singing together as the United Voices of Praise Gospel Choir. The quartet performs jazz, R&B, classical music and gospel.
All are invited. There is no admission fee; an offering will be taken at the church, at 1321 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
First Night Raleigh
- Times: 2pm-midnight
- Presenting Organization: Artsplosure
- Venue: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: Downtown Raleigh, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Area: Downtown Raleigh
- Find Tickets
- Admission: Advance $10; Day of $14
The Hot Chocolate Run and SPCA Doggie Dash starts at 9 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 3, at Bond Park, 801 High House Road, Cary. Registration is $27.50, including a sign-up fee. Registration for the Little Cup 1 Mile is $22.50. bit.ly/1HLx73N.