Happy Graduation! Congratulations to the Class of 2017! We are proud of our graduates!
Hope this bit of information helps those who are attending!
Graduation day is a roller coaster of emotions for grads and their families alike. It’s a moment of celebration, achievement, and hope for the future and reflection on the past. May you always keep learning, growing, and realizing the best in yourself.
Most graduation ceremonies will occur at the Raleigh Convention Center and the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Raleigh.
Check the Graduation Schedule calendar below to find out when and where your friend or loved one will be turning his or her tassel.
Livestream links will be available approximately 15 minutes before each ceremony on this Twitter account, @WCPSS
- Sunday June 11
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM Holly Springs High Graduation
- Tuesday June 13
8:00 AM – 10:00 AM Apex High Graduation
- Wednesday June 14
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM Fuquay-Varina High Graduation
Raleigh Convention Center
500 S Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
General Tips and Information for Families
- Plan ahead. Students must be in place at least one hour before the ceremony starts. Allow significant time for traffic and parking.
- Carpool. Share a ride from home or school and save on gas and parking.
- Bring a City of Raleigh parking map.
- Practice patience and watch for pedestrians. Thousands of students and patrons of other events will be on sidewalks and crosswalks. Pedestrians should observe crossing signals to stay safe.
- The parking spaces located along McDowell Street adjacent to the Raleigh Convention Center under the ‘Shimmer Wall’ will be reserved for passenger drop-off for the duration of the graduation schedule.
- Golf carts will be available at the drop-off area and nearby parking garages to transport anyone with difficulty walking long distances to the doors of the Convention Center.
WCPSS will post notifications of any traffic concerns via social media.
Concurrent Downtown Events
- Concerts, street fairs, road races and other special events are likely to be happening nearby, especially over the weekend. Check here for updates on these events and how they might affect traffic and parking.
Please allow ample time to anticipate traffic congestion, parking issues, walking to the venue and finding your seat.
by: Marguerite Greene, right here in Apex