Home Affordability in Cary & Surrounding Area Hits 26.9% This Particular Week
Property lookup: What is the risk of home values decreasing in your area in the next year? Enter a property street address followed by the zip code to find out:
We’re happy to publish this article telling us that the triangle’s housing market is strong.
Durham barely inched out Raleigh in a new study of the healthiest housing markets in the U.S. – both cities placed in the top 15.
The study, done by SmartAsset, measures each housing market by its stability, risk, fluidity (ease of sale) and affordability. Based on those primary factors, Durham was assigned a healthiest markets index score of 82.71, ranking No. 14 nationally, and Raleigh came in a shade under that at 81.21, taking the No. 15 spot.
Both cities performed among the top in the country in several metrics, including the average percentage of homes with negative equity in which both had less than 10 percent and the percentage of homes decreasing in value, both coming in around the 5 percent mark.
Nationwide, it was Texas that took the top two spots: Plano was No. 1 with a healthiest markets index score of 100, followed by Arlington, with 95.21. Rounding out the top five were Grand Rapids, Michigan, with a score of 93.84; Pittsburgh (89.36) and Fremont, California (89.04).
Posted in living well, Real Estate Market Trends
Tagged Business and Economy, durham, Durham NC, harper tate homes, Money Magazine, North Carolina, raleigh, Raleigh NC, Real estate, Real Estate market Trends, Triangle Area, triangle area nc, Triangle NC
Yes, we are all working very hard for our buyers and sellers! It’s the Experience that makes the difference!
• RE/MAX agents averaged 17.2 transaction sides, more than double the average of 7.8 for all other agents in the survey.
• RE/MAX was one of only three national franchises with an average exceeding the overall survey average of 8.6 transaction sides per agent.
• Of the 1,705 qualifying brokerages, one-third (550) were affiliated with RE/MAX. The nearest competitor placed 395.
• RE/MAX agents averaged $4.4 million in sales volume, 76% higher than the $2.5 million average of all other agents in the REAL Trends 500 survey
• At 88, RE/MAX brokerages hold even more of the top 100 spots when all participating brokerages are ranked by average sides per agent.
Source: 2017 REAL trends 500 data, citing 2016 transaction sides and sales volume for the 1,705 largest participating U.S. brokerages (ranked by transaction sides).
More REAL Trends: